In February, I ordered the complete "Evening Shade" series. I received the set in mid March and the quality was extremely poor (blurry & pink). The return address on the package was written in Chinese. The company listed on my credit card statement is Quality-Home-DVD.

I immediately sent tvdvdmania an email, to which they never responded. I sent them a second email 10 days later, still no response. I called their number, which is in Canada & got a recording stating that they were out & would be back on Friday, but the dates they gave were the week prior.

I contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge. After copying all my information & sending it to them certified mail, I received a letter stating "Without proof that the merchant has received the returned merchandise, our only recourse it to attempt to return this charge to the merchant on your behalf." They go on to state that if the merchant's bank responds to the dispute, I will not be given credit.

This company is an obvious scam and must be stopped. They still have a very reputable looking website and lots of folks are probably still buying from them & getting ripped off.

My next step is to take my documentation to an attorney. There must be a government agency that can do something. It seems to me that it constitutes mail fraud. There must be a way to get them off the internet.

I have not lost a large amount of money ($114), but they are probably raking in thousands of dollars, due to the volume of orders they receive.

Phyllis Loeffler

Corpus Christi, TX

Had an Experience with TVDVDmania?

Comments

Hi Phyllis.

I am sorry to hear about that and they got me the same way. I am happy, however, to see you taking action. I am curious to know if you have had any progress with this situation. I am totally in agreeance with you when you say that they need to be stopped and I would like to help you in any way that I can.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do!

ADS

Hi Phyllis.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do!

ADS